Salifert Phosphate Test Kit
60 tests per kit
Price: 18.49 ea.
Free Shipping on Orders over $25.00.
A $5.95 Flat Fee for all orders under $25.00
- Alaska and Hawaii - Extra Fee
- International Orders - Extra Fee
Salifert Phosphate Aquarium Test Kit
Phosphate Testing and Removal
- Phosphate has several negative effects if present in a too high concentration. First of all undesirable algae growth might result. Making an aquarium an unpleasant sight.
- Phosphate also blocks or retards the growth of corals and calcareous algae.
- One of the scientific studies shows that a phosphate concentration higher than 0.05 mg/L decreases the growth of calcareous algae by 90%!
- Washing fish food, which is a rich source for phosphates in a sieve after thawing reduces the input of phosphate tremendously. Also avoiding use of phosphate-rich low-grade activated carbon helps keep phosphate levels as low as possible. Checking the activated carbon for phosphate prior to use is therefore highly recommended.
- Elevated concentrations of phosphate can be removed by using the liquid Phosphate-Eliminator or the highly effective granular Phosphate-Killer. Both also decrease silicate and organics content and adsorb toxic heavy metals
- Since phosphate can have major consequences when present in a concentration above 0.05 mg/L a test kit should be able in detecting even lower concentrations.
- The Salifert phosphate test already detects, within seconds, 0.015 mg/L of phosphate. This makes phosphate measurement highly reliable and informative allowing timely measures to be taken. The kit can perform approx. 50 measurements.